FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Administrative Officer
• This position is characterized by the performance of a variety of administrative and office support duties. Positions require knowledge of organizational and departmental policies and procedures in order to communicate information involving programs, functions, and services. Duties performed may include preparation of documents and reports, the use of office technology, compiling records, organizing and maintaining files, posting information , greeting/referring/assisting others, mail distribution, and photocopying. The range of duties includes, but is not limited to, collecting and verifying data, summarizing and reconciling information or financial data, records management, review and processing, research and inventory. Positions may serve as the primary staff assistant to a department or manager. At the advanced level, may serve as a lead worker or may provide supervision to other employees.
• Answers phones.
• Takes messages or fields/answers routine and non- routine questions.
• Provides information to callers.
• Works in cooperation with other Administrative Associates to cover phones.
• Provides administrative support to staff for copying, faxing and large- scale mailings.
• Responds to staff requests for administrative support as needed.
• Sets up and maintain files, prepares reports, presentations and graphics, provides employees with office supplies, performs data entry, proofreads, and compiles special reports.
• Receives and distributes incoming mailing and coordinates outgoing mail, including courier services, postage meter account, and interoffice mail distribution.
• Schedules meetings and meeting arrangements.
• Provides meeting support as needed (e.g., scheduling conference rooms, coordinating food, logistics).
• Communicates with both internal and external personnel as required.
• Prepares and maintains documentation, plans, reports, schedules, databases, spreadsheets, logs, etc. to support functions.
• Assignments vary based on department and/or functional area.
• May handle special projects and execute research and data analysis tasks
• Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
• Performs desktop publishing. Creates and develops visual presentations.
• Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system.
• Retrieves information from files when needed.
• Establishes, develops, maintains and updates library of trade journals and magazines.
• Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for members of the department.
• Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries.
• Compiles documents for travel- related meetings.
• Processes travel expense forms.
• Compiles data and prepares reports.
• Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary for staff members, as requested.
• Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
• Works independently or as a member of a team on special and ongoing projects.
• Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEOs, Presidents, and Senior Vice Presidents.
• Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains departmental policies when necessary.
• Associate’s Degree or its International Equivalent - Business Administration or Related Field.
• 3 – 5 Years of related experience.
• Ability to gather, recommend and summarize data for reports, finds solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritizes work.
• Work requires attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS