FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Officer
• Provides technical support and guidance to staff and partners in the region and in country offices. Implements and monitors technical strengthening initiatives. Develops adoption and/or training strategy, designs and conducts training or adoption activities for a specific technical area. Creates scientific and technical material in area of expertise. Assists and gives guidance with development of proposals. Works with communities and partners to maximize local capacity. Evaluates programmatic effectiveness and provides technical assessment reports.
• Provides technical support in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention for research projects.
• Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
• Writes and edits technical reports and documents.
• Assists with publications, web pages, and presentations.’
• Conducts searches of published literature on evolving issues in assigned technical area.
• Monitors and maintains protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports.
• Responds to requests and inquiries from internal and external staff.
• Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
• Typically requires 2-5 years of managing data collection and technical assistance experience.
• Proficiency with database management software and on-line search tools required.
• Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
• Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
• Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS