FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Deputy Project Director, LINKAGES Nepal
The Deputy Project Director is responsible for oversight of the program and technical resources for the LINKAGES Nepal Project. The Deputy Project Director provides overall leadership for program design, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation; ensuring quality; strategic behavioral communication, and strategic information for LINKAGES Nepal Project activities.
* Review LINKAGES Nepal Project implementation plan, strategies and approaches, performance monitoring and evaluation plan (PMEP), environment mitigation and monitoring plan (EMMP); review and verify final documents to assure their high quality prior to execution.
* Manage the development of sub-agreements, contracts, amendments and annual work plans including activities, budgets and implementation plans and monitor subprojects to ensure that implementation is conducted in a timely and technically sound manner.
* Review and ensure that sub-agreements, contracts and amendment documents meet the program and technical requirements and maintain quality assurance before execution by LINKAGES Nepal Project Director.
* Prepare program reports (such as monthly/quarterly/semi-annual/Annual/End of Project reports), briefs and other communication and reporting requirements for FHI 360, donors, and Government of Nepal.
* Provide oversight and guidance to ensure that country program and subproject work plan activities are conducted as planned, targets and technical requirements are met and deliverables completed in accordance with donor agreements and program objectives.
* Review, ensure and provide support for timely implementation of LINKAGES Nepal Project implementation plan, PMEP and EMMP
* Ensure LINKAGES Nepal Project activities are as per the national guidelines and project’s standard operating procedures
* Ensure LINKAGES Nepal Project technical quality, expertise and contribution is shared widely with donors, Government and collaborating partners.
* Ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations and support LINKAGES Nepal Project Director to coordinate closely with APRO and HQs for timely technical assistance in relevant technical areas; submit annual plan for TA needs from the country office to APRO.
* Keep updated on state-of-the-art global technical advancements in public health, continuum of HIV prevention, care, support and treatment services and research to apply to ongoing LINKAGES Nepal Project activities.
* Facilitate and ensure supportive supervision and monitoring are regularly planned and implemented and ensure issues and actions identified from the supervision visits are shared and addressed in time.
* Provide oversight to the M&E/strategic information related activities including but not limited to development and implementation of PMEP; development, analysis and use of cascade of HIV prevention, care, support and treatment services; paper publications; recording and reporting tools and guidelines; selection and reporting for key indicators.
* Ensure that all programmatic reporting is accurate, timely and meets LINKAGES Project, FHI 360 and donor requirements.
* Ensure cascade of HIV prevention, care, support and treatment services are developed, analyzed and used for program and service improvement. Ensure routine project data are further analyzed and used for program improvement.
* Review project’s progress tracking on regular basis and ensure that the project’s achievements are on track.
* Ensure capacity building needs of IAs and government agencies are assessed and capacity building activities are planned, implemented and monitored.
* Work with relevant LINKAGES Nepal Project and FHI 360 staff for communications and public relations to coordinate publications, documentation and dissemination of LINKAGES Nepal Project activities, successes, good practices and lessons learned.
* Ensure effective management and monitoring of program through field visits, regular LINKAGES Nepal program and technical team meetings, reporting out meeting, annual and quarterly work plan meetings; regular meetings with government and non-government stakeholders, collaborating agencies, USAID and other donors.
* Arrange for and accompany government and donor representatives on supervision and monitoring visits to project sites.
* Share, foster and ensure regular sharing of up-to-date and cutting-edge information and articles.
* Supervise and direct the day-to-day work of the Program, Technical, SBC and Documentation Units, including coordination with Administration and Finance Units.
* Serve as a member of the FHI 360 Nepal Senior Management Team to develop country program strategy, business plans, operational plans and budgets as well as LINKAGES Nepal Project work plan, budget and PMEP.
* Represent LINKAGES Nepal in public forums.
* Perform other LINKAGES Nepal Project-related duties as assigned by the LINKAGES Nepal Project Director or FHI 360 Regional Director.
* Masters’ degree or its international equivalent in public health, management, behavioral, life/social sciences or other fields related to international development.
* Five to seven years of experience managing large, complex HIV service delivery projects among key populations together with leading the development of technical innovations
* Solid experience working in a non-governmental organization – preferably with a focus on HIV prevention, care, support and treatment service delivery among key populations and PLHIV.
* Demonstrated leadership in building and sustaining positive working relationships and partnerships with donor agencies, host country governments, and partners at local, country, regional, and international levels.
* Proven track record of increasing responsibility to oversee all aspects of USAID-funded projects, including financial, human resource, compliance and quality assurance components.
* Demonstrated experience negotiating annual work plans and directing teams to complete objectives/activities on time within budget while meeting high quality standards.
* Respected voice in the national key population community and a solid understanding of the structural factors that affect HIV service uptake for sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs.
* Experience in strategic communications, public relations, policy advocacy and media engagement.
* Established networking and partnership development skills notably with the global key population constituency lead networks, the Global Fund and UN agencies
* Experience in public health systems at all levels, international public health policy and foreign aid systems preferred.
* Exceptional communication and relationship management skills with a range of stakeholders.
* Strong proven record with strategy development and analytical capacity building.
* Track record in innovation and quality service delivery.
* Excellent problem solving, program management and program implementation skills.
* Maturity and ability to maintain composure under stressful situations and tight deadlines.
* Ability to travel to the field 20-30 percent of the time.
Please send your updated resume, application cover letter and a copy of citizenship to Email: Nepal.firstname.lastname@example.org
FHI 360 Nepal
PO Box 8803, Kathmandu
The deadline for application is 12:00 noon NST, November 25, 2016. In the letter and/or email subject line, please mention the position you are applying for.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS