FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Community Engagement Associate
FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Community Engagement Specialist for the upcoming USAID/Mali Girls’ Leadership Empowerment through Education (GLEE) project. The purpose of the GLEE project will be to improve girls’ learning outcomes and facilitate girls’ leadership and empowerment skills. Illustrative activities could include girls’ catch-up programs, scholarships, peer-to-peer mentoring, parent and community involvement and dialogue, conflict mitigation, and psycho-social and well-being support.
The Community Engagement Specialist has overall responsibility for supporting the design and implementation of activities that increase parental and community engagement to support student reading and girls’ education. Additionally, s/he will design outreach tools and campaigns to promote social inclusion, resilience, conflict mitigation, support of girls’ education, and community involvement in schools. Further, the Community Engagement Specialist will oversee community dialogues on power and social norm change in support of girls’ and women’s empowerment. S/he will work closely with the GBV & Health Specialist and Education Equity Specialist to coordinate activities in these areas.
FHI 360 anticipates that the Community Engagement Specialist will be based in in Bamako, Mali with project-funded travel to other parts of Mali. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project, and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work and are subject to modification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
Provides technical support and guidance to staff and partners in the region and in country offices. Implements and monitors technical strengthening initiatives. Develops adoption and/or training strategy, designs and conducts training or adoption activities for a specific technical area. Creates scientific and technical material in area of expertise. Assists and gives guidance with development of proposals. Works with communities and partners to maximize local capacity. Evaluates programmatic effectiveness and provides technical assessment reports.
• Provides technical support in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention for research projects.
• Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
• Writes and edits technical reports and documents.
• Assists with publications, web pages, and presentations.’
• Conducts searches of published literature on evolving issues in assigned technical area.
• Monitors and maintains protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports.
• Responds to requests and inquiries from internal and external staff.
• Develops or writes technical briefs, reports, or other necessary materials to facilitate research, best practices, policies and procedures.
• Assists with the implementation of research studies by monitoring and documenting processes.
• Conducts analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical strategy and guidelines.
• Prepares reports and papers summarizing project results.
• Delivers presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
• Ensures project implementation adheres to company strategy and remains technically sound.
• Provides leadership and team building at the task level.
• Leads the design, development, planning, and implementation of global level innovative technical strategies.
• Oversees all aspects of the programs/projects.
• Develops strategies and tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
• Analyzes data sets and technical assessment findings.
• Develops and monitors work plans.
• Provides leadership and team building at the project level.
• Serves as company liaison to external organizations at professional meetings and conferences as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
• Typically requires 8+ years of managing data collection and technical assistance experience.
• Proficiency with database management software and on-line search tools required.
• Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
• Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
• Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS