FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Deputy Chief of Party
FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded project.
The DCOP is responsible for overseeing all programming, including ensuring the technical quality of services. The DCOP works with sub-partners to decide on targets, oversees the development and execution of community action plans, monitors the implementation of the work plans, works with the Chief of Party to facilitate operational capacity building initiatives, directly facilitates technical capacity building, and supports coordination with local government and other key partners. The DCOP directs and supervises senior program staff and consultants.
• Manages Country Office (CO) administration and programs with deputy functions for technical and program activities. Manages the development and implementation process of a company's services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing projects. Plans and directs schedules and monitors budget/spending. Monitors the project/program from initiation through delivery. Organizes the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/program on schedule and within budget constraints. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Collaborates with the Country Director/Project Director/Chief of Party to provide leadership to the development and maintenance of a comprehensive needs based strategy for programming in host country and/or sub-offices.
• Collaborates with in country Technical Advisors and headquarter based Technical staff to ensure programs are designed according to organization and industry best practices, program framework and regulations.
• Collaborates with the Country Director to proactively identify opportunities for new programming initiatives and funding to support them.
• Provides support to the overall leadership and management to programs, ensuring strategic program direction, managed growth and compliance with organization policies and procedures and donor regulations.
• Manages, implements, and monitors systems, services, staff and budgets to achieve financial, administrative and programmatic goals.
• Provides timely and accurate financial and programmatic reports to company management and donors as required.
• Prepares and monitors approved budgets for assigned projects.
• Approves all expenditures relating to budgets.
• Provides technical assistance through review or writing of proposals, protocols, papers, reports to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
• Recruits, orients and supervises Country Office staff to support country programs and ensure the completion of technical, programmatic, financial, and resource development needs are met and achieved.
• Collaborates with Technical and Program staff to ensure that program implementation is managed closely through the development of structured work plans, indicator tracking sheets and approved monitoring plans.
• Provides supervision to all Technical and Program staff to ensure the financial health and performance of each of the projects.
• Ensures expenditures within each project is monitored on a monthly basis, and that well- structured corrective action is initiated and tracked where required.
• Provides leadership to Technical and Program staff, and the Grants Team to ensure the development of timely, high quality and regulation compliant activity reporting per organization and donor guidelines.
• Provides supportive guidance and supervision to Technical and Program staff, and Managers who are charged to implement programs within the assigned area of expertise.
• Collaborates with Operations and cross functional groups on matters concerning staff development that leverages international staff to mentor local staff, so as to maintain project accountability and scale in the short term and fast track capacity building for the long term.
• Determination of job level is based on the reporting relationship to the Country Director/Project Director/Chief of Party and on the primary and secondary criteria of the host countries related programs/projects (i.e. Revenue, Headcount, and number of Contracts/Sub- Awards and other factors).
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.