FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Proposal Manager II
• Responsible for proposal development - ensuring security and integrity of all proposal documentation, coordinating internal flow and review of all proposal inputs, coordinating schedules, coordinating activities with cross functional business areas, and directing submission of the final proposal. This is a headquarters based position.
• Partners with the technical leader to deliver a compliant, competitive proposal to the client on time. Oversees the entire proposal process, making sure that every member of the proposal team, including sub- and prime contractors, knows what is expected of him/her and when tasks are due.
• Creates the proposal schedule and keeps track of proposal progress (technical and business).
• Ensures milestones are met -Ensures proposals receive appropriate review(s).
• Assists the technical leader to ensure compliance with solicitation.
• Communicates changes or new information to the entire team.
• Helps develop and communicate proposal strategy.
• Prepares proposal responsibility and compliance outline.
• Undertakes routine writing assignments.
• Assists the technical leader in securing resources, such as authors and reviewers.
• Provides updates on assigned proposals for accurate system tracking.
• Archives final proposal documentation.
• Performs other work assigned.
• Ensures bid strategy implementation and compliance.
• Resolves internal team issues.
• Provides process and best practice leadership and experience.
• Generates portion of own work through repeat client requests.
• Identifies and executes process improvements.
• Participates in developing and delivering proposal training for the organization.
• Assists in interviewing applicants and training of newly hired peers.
• Checks work of less experienced peers and acts as mentor.
• May identifies, tracks, and circulates opportunities to key internal stakeholders.
• Supports bid planning, intelligence gathering, field research, data collection, competitive analyses and partnership strategy.
• Facilitates bid/no bid decision-making.
• Helps develop win themes, strategies and design approaches.
• Contributes to partnering decisions and negotiations.
• Assists in maintaining relationships with sponsors, governmental agencies, universities, multinational, and other non-governmental organizations.
• May represents business unit with internal and external stakeholders and supports annual business development planning.
• Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Business Administration, Public Health, Social Sciences or Related Field.
• 5 - 10 years in program design, project management or other related work; at least 3 years in proposal development is preferred.
• Read, write and speak English. Fluent in the host country language required.
• Knowledge of Non-governmental Organization (NGO) preferred.
• Familiar with Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) and/or Shipley Associates concepts and processes.
• Master's degree preferred
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.