FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Advisor
The Senior Viral Load/Lab Specialist Advisor will be responsible for their specialty technical area, they will provide direction and be responsible for technical outcomes of the viral load/lab activity. The Specialist Advisors will share in the implementation of the technical principles guiding the program. He/She will Leads the Laboratory Sciences staff and programs ensuring that program and requirements are met. Develops technical assistance, laboratory strengthening and quality assurance/quality control materials and programs to support Laboratory Sciences endeavors for Program areas.
Provide laboratory sciences services including technical assistance and capacity building initiatives to ensure and enhance the quality of laboratory services associated with HIV/Aids program areas. Key responsibilities include:
• A medical degree or a doctoral level degree in public health or related field.
• 5-8 Years of relevant experience in management of large projects and/or programs. At least 10 years of experience in clinical service delivery of HIV related interventions, with a focus on viral load monitoring.
• Strong skills in data use and interpretation.
• Ability to perform at a senior policy level.
• Demonstrated experience at a senior level participating or advising in high level MOH meetings/discussions/boards.
• Demonstrated ability in monitoring similar programs and interpreting and utilizing national level data.
• Strong oral and written skills in Portuguese and English.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.