FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Chief of Party, Data and Evidence for Education Programs (DEEP)
FHI 360 is seeking a Chief of Party to lead the anticipated Data and Evidence for Education Programs (DEEP) project, providing a global platform for aggregating, managing, analyzing and reporting data and evidence across USAID's Education Strategy goals. The project will provide support and capacity building to USAID Missions around the world as well as USAID Washington, in establishing strong and rigorous data systems that ensure consistent and continuous monitoring and evidence building on the effectiveness of education programs. The incumbent will lead a global team of technical experts in education research and data analysis, and will be expected to travel up to 40% of the time.
Incumbent must have a Master’s degree in Education or related social science field, and a minimum of 10 years of experience managing and leading teams for success in international education and development context. Extensive experience providing technical assistance in research design, education management information systems, monitoring and evaluation to USAID Missions is essential. Languages: English required, French or Spanish desirable.
• Leads and directs the development and implementation process for company projects involving departmental or cross -functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing projects. Plans and directs project schedules and monitors budget/spending. Monitors the project/program from init iation through delivery. Organizes project(s) activities ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Plans, directs, and coordinates activities for designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
• Reviews project proposals and plans to determine scheduling, budget, procedures, staffing, and allotment of resources needed for projects.
• Establishes work plans, project teams, and SOPs to meet project goals and ensure compliance with policies.
• Develops proposals and researches sources for funding projects.
• Provides guidance and training to managers and staff to achieve project goals.
• Participates in the strategic development of methods and techniques with executive management.
• Establishes, serves and maintains partnerships with internal and external stakeholders on project matters.
• Provide leadership to the project team, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, encouraging effective team-work.
• Responsible for induction of project staff, ensuring their familiarity with mandate values, quality standards, policies and program objectives and their individual responsibilities in upholding these standards and policies.
• Determination of job level is based on combination of primary and secondary criteria (i.e. Revenue, Headcount, and number of Contracts/Sub- Awards and other factors).
• Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
• Typically requires a minimum of 10 years with project management experience.
• Demonstrated experience in multi-sector project management and implementation.
• Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience.
• Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language.
• Experience operating in insecure environments.
• Experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.