FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Account Development Manager
Global Research and Services (GRS) helps support and conduct clinical research in low-resource settings around the world. This role will be a critical member of the GRS Business Development team.
- Manages and supports partnerships with pharmaceutical and biotech clients and strategic partners by conducting research and analyses.
- Assists director of business development with business strategies, planning, and other business development concerns or needs.
- Participates with management in the development and implementation of the engagement and targeted activity plan which will include prioritizing activity objectives.
- Reviews quarterly plan ongoing to determine where adjustments may be required.
- Initiates and prioritizes use of Clin Trials.Gov and customer web site or other online tools to conduct research and monitors factors with in accounts to capitalize on opportunities to assess ideal points of entry and to determine clinical development needs of account.
- Manages lead generation for potential clients and strategic partners. Including but not limited to cold calling and managing email campaigns.
-Maintains effective and meaningful relationships with developed leads on a continuous basis; works to engagement pathways and coverage targets.
-Initiates and manages effective relationships with active and prospect clients in order to determine near and far term clinical development needs.
-Documents and monitors progress in Customer Relationship Management (CRM), SalesForce, software, including lead research details, tracking contacts, and pertinent follow-up information.
-Validates, and coordinates smooth transfer of clients from Account Development to Business Development.
- Generates reports of RFPs and Active/ Prospect account penetration, coverage and engagement.
- Provides support and planning for business development initiatives including conferences, meetings, bid defenses, webinars, etc.
- Develops a social media engagement strategy for brand awareness.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of business
development within the clinical research industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong presentation in front of clients with ability to give FHI 360’s pitch
- Ability to overcome objections in a negotiation setting through solution-oriented thinking
- Strong follow-up with clients both internal and external
- Previous use of a CRM, SalesForce preferred
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends and prepare reports
- Ability to leverage social media for marketing purposes
- Ability to negotiate, influences, and collaborate with others.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems that are diverse and require analysis of data and identifiable factors.
Works well under pressured timelines and driven by milestone incentives.
- Exercises judgment within defined practices and procedures to select methods and techniques to obtain results.
- Decisions and actions may affect a work unit or area within a department.
- Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Contributes to business and operational decisions that affect the department.
- Reports to a Director.
Technology to be Used:
Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, social media, smartphone, SalesForce, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
Typical Physical Demands:
Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50lbs.
- Typically requires 3-5 years of experience with business development.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Prior work experience in a CRO, ARO or pharmaceutical or biotech company.
Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent • Business Administration, Public Health, Social Sciences or Related Field.
** Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.