FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Financial Business Systems Analyst II
The Financial Business Systems Analyst will serve as the lead contact for all COMPASS Enterprise Report validation processes and collaborate as a subject matter expert (SME) for related training and communication initiatives.
In this role, the Business Analyst is responsible for:
• Under general supervision, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research combined with a basic understanding of financial systems and industry requirements.
• A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
• As a member of the COMPASS Helpdesk works independently to provides mid-level support to the global users of all the enterprise financial system (Costpoint, TESS, Gov. Win, TM1 and Cognos, GFAS, QB).
• Troubleshoots application malfunctions.
• Responsible for monitoring and maintaining system interfaces.
• Documents system maintenance processes and keep them up to date.
• Supports system testing activities including performing test cases, documenting results and reporting and/or compiling findings.
• Creates standard and custom reports as needed.
• Set up processes and reports to ensure data quality.
• Support departmental learning initiatives.
• Maintains a process of continuous improvement and innovation to increase the effectiveness of financial reporting tools.
• Responsible for mentoring, assisting and on the job training for lower level staff members.
• Establishes relationships with peers inside the organization to ensure “best practices” are being optimized.
• Supports the organization's external audit requirements.
• Capable of assessing and resolving unprecedented problems that require research and review of policy and procedures.
• Serves as a backup for higher level staff members.
• Supports the completion of various ad-hoc requests as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Business Administration, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Marketing or Related Field.
• 5 – 8 Years of related work experience.
• Knowledge and experience of databases (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.).
• Costpoint experience strongly preferred.
• Accounting knowledge preferred.
• Enterprise Resource System (ERP) experience in a corporate office preferred.
• Analytic thought processing, able to identify marco and micro level interdependencies. Attention to detail.
• Experience in customer service and experience troubleshooting end-user technical problems.
• Independent work/Self starter- Identifies and responds to greatest organizational needs with minimal supervisory support.
• Advanced Excel skills are required to support manual validation tasks which compare source data to newly designed automated solutions.
• SQL knowledge preferred.
• Superior communication skills (writter and verbal). Prior experience with international or cross cultural context is strongly preferred.
• Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with client and staff at all levels of the organization.
• Management Experience: Up to 3 Years
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.